This database of HRTFs in whole directions measured by
Information Systems Laboratory, Tohoku University,
Biological Information Processing Laboratory,Department of Electronics
and Information Systems ,Faculty of Systems Science and
Technology,Akita Prefectural University
Shimizu Corporation is summarized
and open for free download.
One of the feature in this database is that HRTFs were measured with the
subjects' ears blocked by acoustically rigid earplugs, i.e.,
Transfer functions from the sound source to the microphone put on the
surface of the blocked ears were measured.
Databases of HRTFs covering the whole directions seem rare except that
of MIT (Massachusette
Institute of Technology) and Itakura lab.
et al. Since this sort of database is useful not only for binaural
or transaural auditory display but also for researches on human spatial
hearing, our database is made wide open hoping for effective applications
concerning such fields (and other fields, of course).
- Outline of measurement
- Measurement of the database is outlined. This may be helpful to
understand the measurement condition and its properties.
- On HRTFs measured with blocked ears
(Please read at least once)
- Comments on HRTFs measured with blocked ears are brief description.
- Download (under construction)
- The main feature is available. For now, downloading is available only
via HTTP, but downloading with FTP is now under construction.
- Releated links
- Related links are listed here. Please feel free to surf from here.